Sunday, October 23, 2016

Lizards and Lights

dc

This is Donna’s baby quilt and she used a simple Rai Fence design to piece the top.   She had a fun dinosaur Cuddle for the backing and we thought Lounge Lizards would be a fun panto for this quilt. I used Lime green So Fine thread for the top and a medium green Bottom Line on the back.  Quilters Dream Blend for the batting.

dc4dc3dc2dc1

I woke up just after 3am last night, yes I’m now getting to that age, and looked outside to see the Northern Lights were active.   They were not overly bright as the moon had risen so that had an impact but they were still lovely.  So I grabbed my camera and out I went…in my pajamas as usual!

a1a3a4

This last one is pretty neat as I see an image of a lady with a head scarf or long hair in a dress with a full skirt looking to the right. 

a5

11 comments:

  1. Love the baby quilt. And your northern lights photos are just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely quilt,and that white background for the photos, I knew it would happen soon. Super lights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute quilt.......love the backing fabric! Gorgeous lights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute quilt and the lizard panto is a great choice. Great photos and yes I see the headscarf and flowing dress-brilliant shot Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures make us homesick for our home and heartland. Thanks for sharing it's beauty with us and your many blog readers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt is beautiful and the Northern lights are extraordinary. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a cute Rail Fence quilt! And it's a great age, isn't it? Not. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun quilting and awesome lights. I love when you post these photos. In the snow in jammies!!! Brrrrr! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the little quilt. And your photos are FANTASTIC! I've said it before but I MUST see the lights before I kick the bucket! LOL They just don't even look real!

    ReplyDelete