Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Quilt of Valour

qv1

Our guild has been making Quilts of Valour quilts recently and they hired me to quilt them.  I thought I could easily work on these over the summer when I had all this free time ( haha) and realized that the summer is more than half over so I better get quilting!    They used the Mahjongg pattern,  fabrics from the Northcott “Oh Canada” collection and pieced 4 tops.  This is the first one, the rest are similar and just have a different border fabric.

qv2

They included the Hobbs 80/20 batting and I used beige So Fine thread.  I chose Fascination  for the panto as it is a light density design and I want to keep the cost down for the guild.  When I quilt for my guild I give them a 25% discount as I have been a member of this group since it was founded in 1998.  I also do chose to quilt some of their comfort quilts for free but that is of my choosing and am very lucky that they never expect me to quilt for free. I have heard some horror stories from other longarm quilters and their experience with some guilds,  I’ll just say that I am very luck to be part of such a wonderful group of ladies and truly feel appreciated!  Here is a link to our local guild’s blog, which I also write.  We share our show and tell pictures on the blog as well as what we do for programs.  So if you need ideas for your group just take a look back through our archives. 

qv3qv4

One down and three more to go!

qv5

1 comment:

  1. I think your choice of the fascination panto was perfect for this quilt of valour. You're very fortunate to be part of a great quilt guild. They can be so much fun and so inspiring. I like the Reflection quilt technique that was being taught. I've never seen it before but I like the effect it produces.

    ReplyDelete